How to Add Phone Number to Gmail Account
- Log in to Gmail and go to the “Google Account” Page in another tab.
- Click on the “Recovering your password” link under security section.
- On the next page find the SMS section and click on the link “Add a mobile phone number“
- Choose your country and enter the mobile phone number.
- Click on the Save button.
By adding your cell phone number to Gmail, you can make it more secure and safe. Whenever you forget the password and wish to recover that, Google will notify you via SMS and sends you a code to verify that you have requested to change the password. So along with the secondary email, this option is an added security to your email. Further we will discuss about the more secure option i.e. called two step verification method.